Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Do you like a webtoon?

Do you like cartoons? These days, we can see many cartoons on the Internet. There is a different name for cartoons on the Internet. It's 'Webtoon'.

'Webtoon' is a compound word and it is formed from the words 'web' and 'cartoon'. It means cartoons on the Internet which are made with multimedia program. You know, Kang Pool is one of the famous webtoonists in Korea. Webtoons made by him like 'The apartment', 'The fool' are really popular. Some of them were made into movies and plays.



There are lots of webtoons on the Internet and I like reading webtoons. It is more colorful than usual cartoons and stories are more realistic. As webtoonists express their everyday life on it generally, it arouses sympathy from people and the people can express sympathy by making comments on webtoonists' blogs.

My favorite webtoon is 'The real-objective fairy tale'. Have you seen it?
The author's nickname is Mujuck Pink and she is just 21 years old. She reconstitutes well-known fairy tales into her own creative webtoons. Her webtoons are not only funny, but also satirical. She satirizes our society and wins the sympathy from many people. Sometimes her webtoons touch the heart of people. These are why I like her.

When I first read her webtoon, I guessed the author is a man. Because the webtoon is really cynical and the picture is not pretty, actually. After I searched the author on the Internet, I could know the author is just a girl who is the same age with me. Now she is studing design in Seoul university.
A thousand hearings are not worth one seeing. You can see her webtoons through here. :)
By the way, what do you think of webtoons?

10 comments:

  1. A thousand hearings are not worth one seeing! Right :) I know that webtoon and also I read many other webtoons on Naver. :) Some are just funny and make me laugh, and some are touching or satirical like her webtoon. I also thought the same way as you. The way she writes and the way she draws are more like a man's way. I think we can see a little bit of her character from her nickname as well. Mujuck Pink! Literally Mujuck means 'No enemy' and the color 'pink' usually indicates little, cute, and feminine. She put these two opposite words together.. I think she tried to say something more even with her nickname. I hope she becomes a good whatever person whe wants to be and keeps bringing people's consciousness through her works :) -Jiwon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I'd like to read webtoon through Naver. I usually read the webtoon related to a typical boy-meets-girl story~(> <)I also think that the webtoond is a realistic depiction~!!
    I first knew the author is a man!! Wow~!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Webtoon... Let me see.. I don't like it. When I was a middle school student, I like read to cartoon. And I sometimes read to novel on the Internet. But, I don't read a cartoon after high school student. I have heard webtoon before from my friend. She talk to me, too. Kang Pool cartoons are entertaining and humorous. So, I try to read the cartoon. Can you recommend a good cartoon by Kang Pool:)?

    #Yang So-hyun

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh~ I like webtoons~~~. I've seen the Kang pool's webtoon. The name is 'Apart'. did you see that?. when I was a high school student, I see the webtoon. although that is cartoon, it was so fearful. I've never seen 'the real-objective fairy tale'. If I having a chance, I will see that. :D - Jin Woo Na.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Webtoon, thanks for good information :D I used to read a lot of comic books before entering university because I used to work at a book store as a weekend part time job. I had a lot of time to read various comic books I read as many books as the bookstore has haha :D I really love to read cartoons. I know the Webtoon site but I thought I need to pay to see cartoons but it’s not right? Lucky~!>D</ haha. I will enjoy reading the interesting comic books :) I agree with your saying A thousand hearings are not worth one seeing!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. When i was young i read many cartoons. Nowadays there are many webtoons but i don't have any interest in that. After i read your post i curious about the cartoon. Thank you for your recommend. I will try it. -a ryeon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to watch cartoon. I read almost the Kang Pool series.I was great!Kang Pool cartoon is famous~^^ I try different type of cartoon some time left.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jiwon/ Oh, you know her! I also recommended it to my friend, but she said this webtoon is difficult. It's nice to meet you who know this webtoon. Haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw webtoon many times but it's only about sports.so frankly,I don't know who are famous in webtoon world.After read this article I knew one famous webtoon author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have his 2 books called 'I love you'1and 2. I really like his books. Firstly he wrote his cartoon on the internet after many people were interested in these and he published his books. Actually, I really do not like reading books without really interesting books. However, Gang-pool's book is so interesting and easy to read because it is cartoon not only words and sentences.

    ReplyDelete